About Community

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Community has created 33 blog entries.

Philharmonic salutes movie music of John Williams on Saturday

The concert, the fourth tribute of Williams’ music by the DPO, will notably conclude with “Hymn to the Fallen” from “Saving Private Ryan.” The moving piece features narration, the text of which was assembled several years ago by Col. Alan Sierichs when he led the United States Air Force Band of Flight at Wright-Patterson Air [...]

Grammys: Celebrating Live Music With Throwback Concert Photos

CHICAGO (CBS)– The 2021 Grammy awards are this Sunday on CBS 2, and our viewers are celebrating with their favorite throwback concert photos! Linnea Mason sent in photos from her first time seeing Lizzo live back in 2016 at Hangout Fest. Elk Grove resident Chris Kolcz and her daughter Jenna shared their throwback photo from [...]

Fans Choose Selena Gomez’s ‘Revelación’ EP as This Week’s Favorite New Music

The project, Gomez's first-even Spanish EP, brought in 43.7% of the vote, beating out new music by Blackpink's Rosé (R), Nick Jonas (Spaceman), Imagine Dragons (“Follow You”/“Cutthroat”), and others. In recent weeks, Gomez also topped Billboard's new music poll with “Baila Conmigo," her sultry reggaeton collab with Alejandro, and "Selfish Love," her low-key bilingual dance [...]

Student musicians, music educators frustrated over state restrictions

“Sports aren't the only ones with important scholarships this year. We have marching band scholarships, too,” Divett said. Students, parents, and music educators said it’s frustrating to see athletes play while the push to play music has fallen flat. “Very few sports have social distancing built into them,” said Lisa Gunderson, a band parent. “Spring is [...]

Lo-fi remixes of video game music is my new favorite genre

I don’t usually work with any music — it often distracts me — but recently, when I’ve needed a little music on in the background, I’ve become obsessed with lo-fi remixes of video game music on YouTube. I’ve already gone on record that I sometimes listen to video game music while working because a) I’m [...]

Women-oriented songs usher in winds of change in Punjabi music

The sangeet ceremony has just begun. Grannies and aunties are singing Punjabi folk songs — tappe and boliyaan — but everyone is eagerly waiting to hit the dance floor. No sooner does the DJ start, the dance floor begins to buzz with activity, setting the mood for the evening. From the young to the old, [...]

Go to Top